Posted in Blog
SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE AND DR BLUES BELGIAN BREWS
Fresh “American-like” hoppy nose with floral and some citrusy & fruity character (peach, tropical fruits) as well. Our lightest beer (6.2%), SuperPills™ has a balanced, strong and pure hoppy character. If you like IPA beers, you will find SuperPills™ to taste organically distinct and natural. And even if you are not a lover of IPA, SuperPills™ will win you, because its hoppy character is refined, rather than overpowering. After resting in the dark DR BLUES music room at 24℃ while listening to Big Apple Blues Band for 3 weeks, SuperPills™ is ready to unleash its charms. The briny juices from the clams help to flavour this brothy sauce – the fresher the clams, the better the dish. Clams’ salinity varies depending on their variety and provenance, so in this case, be sure to salt the pasta cooking water lightly.
- Kosher salt
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 pounds cockles, Manila clams, or littlenecks scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5 quart pot. Moving on, season the water lightly with salt, add in the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally – until about 2 minutes before tender. Afterwards, drain the pasta while reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- In the meantime, heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat adding garlic and cooking, swirling pan often, until just golden. Afterwards add red pepper flakes and continue cooking 15 more seconds. Going on, throw in the clams and increase heat to high. Cover skillet and cook until clams open and release their juices, 3-6 minutes, depending on size of clams. As clams open, use tongs to transfer them to a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to skillet; bring to a boil. Then, add pasta to pan. Cook over high heat, tossing constantly, until pasta is al dente and has soaked up some of the sauce from the pan. Lastly, add clams and any juices from bowl to pan, along with parsley, and toss to combine. Also, add more pasta water if sauce seems dry. Transfer pasta to warm bowls and drizzle with remaining oil.
Order your Dr Blues prescription and experience the luxury first hand! Visit our Facebook Page or Instagram and follow us for daily prescriptions.